Bone Grafts in Cypress, TX
Healthy gums and strong jawbones form the foundation of a beautiful smile. When you lose one or more teeth, the jawbone in that region begins to resorb. Bone loss can continue to progress for years, affecting your oral health and facial aesthetics. Even if you consider implants for tooth replacement, you will require adequate jawbone thickness to support them. Luckily, we can enhance your eligibility for dental implants with bone grafts in Cypress, TX. These bone grafts are derived from natural or synthetic sources and help to replenish the lost bone structure. After the successful placement of bone grafts, you can enjoy the functional and cosmetic benefits of dental implants for a lifetime! Contact Cypress Periodontics and Dental Implants today to learn more.
Request An Appointment
Who Is A Good Candidate For Bone Grafting?
Dental bone grafting is a simple procedure to restore the missing bone tissues. Common reasons why our dentists may suggest bone grafts in Cypress, TX, include:
- Dental implants: If you have lost one or more teeth and considering replacement with dental implants, we may suggest bone grafting to form a strong base for implants.
- Periodontal disease: Many people experience extensive bone loss due to periodontal disease, which can impact oral health. Bone grafting can help replace the lost bone volume.
- Cosmetic purposes: Loss of bone leads to changes in the facial structure and also causes premature sagging. Bone grafts in Cypress, TX, improve facial appearance and restore a more youthful look.
What Are The Types of Bone Grafts in Cypress, TX?
There are four main types of dental bone grafts. Based on the severity of your case and other factors, we will decide which type will be most beneficial for you.
- Autografts: These grafts are taken from your own body parts, such as the hip bone or jaw. They are considered the gold standard for bone grafting.
- Allografts: These bone grafts are taken from another human being, typically a cadaver.
- Xenografts: These grafts originate from other animal sources, such as cows, pigs, or coral.
- Alloplasts: These grafts involve the use of synthetic material such as calcium phosphosilicate.
Question About Bone Grafts ?
What To Expect From A Bone Grafting Procedure?
The process of bone grafts in Cypress, TX, usually takes a single appointment. First, we will inject local anesthesia at the treatment site to minimize pain and discomfort. Next, we will disinfect the area and place a small incision over your gum line to expose your jawbone.
We will take the prepared bone grafting material and place it at the site of bone loss. To secure the bone grafts in place, we will place a special adhesive material. We may also place tissue regeneration factors at the site to promote the production of a healthy jawbone. Once the procedure is complete, we will suture the incision line and allow the bone to heal. The recovery period may take 2 to 3 months.
Improve Your Jawbone Strength with Bone Grafts
Whether you want tooth replacement with dental implants or wish to improve your facial aesthetics, we can address your needs with successful bone grafts in Cypress, TX. Call us today at (281) 677-0222 to schedule a consultation at our practice.